This technique involves digital printing the desired image on a special foil, crop it after a preset shape and then applied on the item by hot pressing.
Is most suitable for smaller quantities up to 50 pieces, occasionally be used for prototype. If you think about the name and numbers on the back of a football t-shirts they are cut by machine from vinyl material and applied by a heat transfer press. The design or text is permanently applied on the garment and is very durable. On most fabrics it can be washed up to 60 degrees and above. There are usually no ‘Set-Up’ charges for this technique.
The imprint can be done on a transparent, white or colored foil. The advantage of the transparent foil is that allows to see to color of the personalized item and allows complex designs, but it can be applied only on white or light color items.
Because the image or the design it's made from CMYK inks, the specific colors (Pantone and HKS) are not possible. These colors will be made by mixing the basic colors of the printer. The maximum printing sizes are limited by the plotter and the pressing table size; in this case 45x35 cm.
Other details of the imprint depend on the digital printing performances:
• Trade mark TM or Registration mark ® can’t be cropped under 1.2 mm height;
• Texts in positive/negative must be greater than 1.5 mm height;
• The line thickness in positive/negative must be greater than 0.1 mm;
• The gradient line thickness must the greater than 0.2 mm;
• Minimum of gradients - C:8% / M:8% / Y:12% / K:8%.