This is a dry printing method in which a heated mold is used to apply graphics to a surface. The logo will keep the color of the material. This technique allows dry printing on materials as leather, leather replacements or paper, using a high temperature pre-heated press.
Logos printed with this technique have an outlined look, keep the color of the material and have a high resistance in time. Hot stamping confers to the imprinted items an elegant look and is used especially for notebooks, folders or other leather items.
The maximum printing size for this technique is 100x100 mm.
Is good to know that sometimes the very small details can’t be well printed, that is why there are some restrictions:
• Details as Trade mark TM or Registration mark ® won’t be visible under 1.8 mm height;
• Texts in positive must be greater than 2 mm height;
• Texts in negative must be greater than 2.5 mm height;
• The line thickness in positive must be greater than 0.5 mm;
• The line thickness in negative must be greater than 0.5 mm.
The texture of the material can influence these restrictions.